Wednesday 9 November 2011

7 to 10...Phew!!!

The time from 7 am and 10 am in the morning on weekdays is something which keeps me on my toes. Weekend is a different story which deserves another blog.
Today is no exception. I got up at 6, made Bournvita for my daughter and made her drink it when she was fast asleep. With so much reluctance she drank it and slept off again. Being a Chennaite in Mumbai, felt the early morning weather to be pleasant to sleep, continued my sleeping journey.
I keep 4 alarms in my mobile and adding to it, I keep it in a remote place in my bed room so that I can get out of my bed to switch it off. One at 6 and following that, 6:45, 7:00 and 7:10 as I cannot afford to sleep beyond that. I know what you are thinking right now...You dumbo..there is something called snoozer which you can use in your mobile alarm!..Yours truly, being an expert, finds the alarm, instead of pressing the Snooze button, presses the Stop button.
So, coming back to the story, I got up at 7:10, made coffee for myself and my husband and it was 7:30 now.
Rushed into the bathroom, took a 5 minute bath, and got myself ready to office.
My daughter was still sleeping. Waking her up is a tedious process. Think she was Kumbakarna's sister in her previous birth.
Tanviiiiiiii...I shouted at her ears. Get up. You will be late to school.
She (Eyes half open): What day is it today?
Me: Wednesday, why are you asking?
She: Let me sleep for 5 minutes.
Me: Ok. But you should not extend beyond that.
She (shouts): OK
After 15 minutes....
Me: Get up fast, you will miss the bus.
She: Nee romba paduthara ma (You are troubling me so much). I will complain to patti (grandma).
Starts crying.
Me: Stop crying and get up.
I bathed her and put on her uniform.
She: You are wearing color dress everyday to office but making me wear uniform.
Me: I wore uniform when I went to school.
She: I will go to your office from today. Do you have Toy room in your office?
Me: No. We don't.
She: Then I will go to school only.
Me: Good for you.
She had her breakfast for 1 hour and in between...
She: Ammaaaaa....Stop!
Me: What happened?
She: I want to go to the wash room.
Me: Go faaaast and come.
She: Ok Ma.
Comes after another 15 minutes. I put on her school shoes.
She: Ammaaaaa....Stop!
Me: Ippo Enna ma???? (What now?)
She: I forgot to piss.
Me: Shit!
She: I did that!
Me: Sari seekiram poittu va...(Go and come back fast).
She came back and I put on her uniform and shoes. AGAIN! The school bus came and I thrusted her into it, had my breakfast in a jiffy and went to catch an auto to go to my bus stop.
In Mumbai, it's difficult to get an auto for short distance, like less than 2 Kms. With so many refusals from auto drivers, I get into an auto finally and land at my bus stop and waited for my bus.
In the bus stop...
A guy and a girl, who were also waiting for the bus, were flirting happily but unfortunately I couldn't overhear much because most of their conversation was in Marathi. Managed to hear some English words like resort, weekend. The girl was the so called "cute" in Maharashtra. Here, a "cute" girl means, she should posses the following qualities:
Zero figure, quite fair, straight hair, wearing 1 inch Kajal on her eyes. In short she should look like Michael Jackson. Extra make-up would be a value addition.
So...the bus came and I got in, fell into a window seat and reached office finally.
Since the blog is getting too long, I am cutting it short here. Happy Reading!
Do drop in your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment